Allinge’s old fire station was built in 1800 of rough-cut boulders and with a tiled roof and arched gables. The building was originally built by Bornholm Militia as an ammunition and material store. In 1904, the municipality buys the building and a small front room is built as an extension, as well as a gymnasium for Allinge School ( Kærnehuset ). The building is used as a gymnasium until 1958, when the new school is ready for use. In 1966 the building was converted again, this time into a fire station, and a wooden extension was built, the fire station’s hose tower. In 2014, the fire station was closed and the volunteer part-time firefighters terminated, fire, rescue and environmental operations were transferred to the Emergency Management Agency from the new fire station on Rønnevej in Allinge.