Building Art

Technical school Allinge

Technical school Allinge

Technical school Allinge

In February 1883, 21 men from Allinge and Sandvig met at the town hall with the aim of forming a craftsmen's and industrial association. Initially, it was not intended to build a school, the plan was that it would only be evening school education at Allinge Borgerskole, but 12 years later, the Technical School is built.

Allinge Technical School is a beautiful ...

The tower house in Allinge

The tower house in Allinge

The tower house in Allinge

The first thought you get when you see the Tower House is that it must be an old lighthouse, but it never was. The tower house was built by Doctor Sigfred Borch in 1898 as a doctor's house and private residence.

It is said that he was interested in the stars and that the tower functioned as an ...

Buildings in Rønne – Hafnia House

  A building in Rønne that is probably known by most Bornholmers is Hafnia Hus, on the corner of St. Torvegade, Byledsgade and Sandgade. The main house, Skibet, is located in St. Torvegade, in Sandgade there are 6 more blocks built together, shaped like a 7, between these buildings there is a common garden for all the apartments. But probably not everyone has thought about the ...

Allinge Station Building

Next to Cirkel K is the old railway station built in 1912 and designed by architect Ove Funch-Espersen. However, the station was not put into operation until the following year, when there were delays with the railway. The building is on 2 floors, built in red bricks and with mansard roof and arched gables so that the 1st floor could be used for a functional dwelling. The ...

Allinge old fire station

Allinge's old fire station was built in 1800 of rough-cut boulders and with a tiled roof and arched gables. The building was originally built by Bornholm Militia as an ammunition and material store. In 1904, the municipality buys the building and a small front room is built as an extension, as well as a gymnasium for Allinge School ( Kærnehuset ). The building is used as a gymnasium ...